28 April 2023
CPD – 5 May 2023 – Galway Courthouse – 2-5pm
A CPD will be held at Galway Courthouse on Friday 5 May 2023 from 2-5pm. The speakers and topics are as listed below and 3 General CPD points will be available.
A reminder that in order to be certified for CPD, your membership subscription for 2023 must be paid. We look forward to seeing you there.
- Helen Richards & Alex Wilson – Currencies Direct – Saving Solicitors’ Practices Time and Money on their International Payments.
- Maeve Mullins – Finders International Ireland – Probate Cases – Things to Watch out for.
- Catriona Coady – Head of Tax – Wealth Management in Goodbody – Financial Planning, Tax & Legal Issues – a multi advisor approach focusing on:
- How Goodbody approach a family and a family business with wealth from an investment and estate planning perspective
- Issues that Goodbody come across with Pension Adjustment Orders (PAOs) and cohabiting couples
- The extent of the CAT liability that might arise for children and how that might be mitigated e.g. through trusts, other asset protection structures such as family partnerships
- The need for wills and EPAs
- Pension planning e.g. new opportunities under PRSA rule changes
- US Estate tax issues on US investments
- UK IHT issues on investments