This event is to celebrate all of the wonderful women in the profession! All are welcome. Please register for this event by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
2023 year marks the centenary of the first women in Ireland to enter the Solicitor’s profession. Mary Dorothea Heron was admitted to the Roll of Solicitors on 17 April 1923 and in the same year Helena Mary Early became the first female solicitor to obtain a practising certificate in the then newly formed Saorstát Éireann.
Schedule for the Evening
The evening will commence at 4pm with a 1 hour Management CPD Workshop with Margaret Mulpeter on “Workplace Wellbeing – Communication is Key” followed by drinks and finger food afterwards from 5 – 7pm.
The Law Society has published a book entitled “Celebrating a Century of Equal Opportunities Legislation – the first 100 women solicitors” which is available online (https://www.lawsociety.ie/globalassets/documents/news/2023/celebrating-a-century.pdf). There will be a limited number of hard copies of the book available at the event for take home.
Information on our CPD Speaker, Margaret Mulpeter
Margaret is a Solicitor and was a sole practitioner for 23 years. She now practises part-time with Eamon Murray & Co in Cork whilst also working part time in relationship mentoring. Margaret has a deep personal interest in working with colleagues to support them in their role as solicitor and employer. Further details on the workshop are below:
- It is an introduction to ourselves and explores how we might become more aware of our own patterns.
- It examines who we bring to the workplace and to the communication we have with our clients, colleagues or employees.
- It will begin with a short mindfulness practice to demonstrate the power of taking a pause in our daily life.
- It will explore our inner critic and how it has evolved and how it impacts on our behaviour and wellbeing.
- It will look at triggers, their origins and the ammunition that is discharged when we are triggered.
- It will look at open and defensive communication, how listening it powerful and how talking too much can be our downfall at times; and
- It will look at some communication skills to help us in our daily communication with ourselves and others.
RDJ has kindly offered to sponsor this event.
We look forward to meeting you there.