Please see correspondence below from the Court Services. The calender for Galway Circuit Court 2019 is attached.
Please note the following:-
- Galway Cr are criminal return dates for new defendants returned from the District Court to the Circuit.
- Civil and Family motion days as per the calendar but there may be extra added if necessary, same will be relayed to you if it occurs.
- The District Court Appeals (DCA) have been removed from the criminal lists on a trial basis for 2019.
There is now one week of appeals per term, we will allocate 50 cases to the Tuesday list this includes those previously adjourned and new appeals. Once the list reaches 51 all the remaining cases will be listed for the Thursday.
Wednesday and Friday are for hearing cases so anything over 30 minutes can have Wednesday or Friday of that week. Please note all cases are listed for hearing on the first date and there is now ample time for every case to be heard.
- All District Court Appeals for Loughrea are listed on the Tuesday with the civil and family listed on the Thursday and rolling into Friday.
- Galway LFD is the criminal list to fix dates, civil and family callover will be scheduled by the County Registrar throughout the year.
- DC Specials are listed as a guide to Courtroom availability (we have none)
- Can we ask Solicitors not to send in legal aid claims in bulk dating back, in some cases, up to 18 months. To process them faster please send in when the case is finalised. It can take up to a month to process one bulk submission from a Solicitor, pushing back the processing of every other claim.
- Next return date for Civil is 15.01.2019 – Civil
- Next return date for Family is 29.01.2019 – Family
- Civil/Family Callover is TBC
- County Registrars Court – every second and fourth Monday of each month excluding vacation